Wednesday 21 September 2011

The Giving Bird

A couple of months ago, I was asked to do a painting for a couple who have just moved into a new home and were wanting something to brighten their walls. After playing around with ideas and sketches and figuring out colours, I eventually came up with 'The Giving Bird'. They were really excited about it and I was chuffed to be given this opportunity. Here are some piccies of the work in progress and, of course, the final result..

Humble beginnings... I love not knowing how something will turn out. There is something very exhilarating about a blank canvas.
 


getting there...





I used watercolour, acrylic paint & water soluble lead pencil.
the finished result!
All images are copyright of Jessica Royans. Please contact me with any questions or queries. Your understanding is much appreciated.


XX Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment